Saturday, November 22, 2014

What I would be doing

This post was just a title until right this second.  I made this title when I was super bitter about not being able to climb, and I was going to write a tirade about the boulders I would be falling off of, the routes I would be looking at but probably still not climbing, and all the campus rungs I would be pulling through on.  But that would be miserable to read/write/think about.  (I do think about it allllllllll the time.  I look at the ticklist and training plan I had planned for this season multiple times a day and it's a moment of sadness before I move on because you can't change things by being sad about it.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Right now I'm sitting in Espresso News, starting hour five of being in the same chair, and I'm thinking of all the things I could be doing.  I could be across the street, training at the src.  Or I could be at Horse Pens, $50 poorer, but happily exhausted after a long day of climbing on new rock with great friends.  Or I could just be home.  Or I could be at the zoo, petting camels.  Maybe I'd be in Italy drinking wine and eating bread with olive oil.  (That was a stretch)

But the point is, I could always be doing something else; we could all always be doing something else.  But we're doing what we're doing, so let's enjoy it.  I'm listening to these two older men have a really interesting, but mostly nonsensical, intelligent sounding argument, and it's pretty cool.  Sure, I'd way rather be training or hanging around a campground with my friends, but I'm not.  And I'm okay with that.
He's okay with it too
What's that cliché saying?  Be where you are?  I don't know, you get what I'm saying.

1 comment:

  1. Going through and reading your old posts is so wonderful and makes me even happier to know you! Love your perspective and positivity that shines through every post. Thanks for sharing and being so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete