Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving

As I approach week …11(?) post surgery, I'm freaking out because I'm not nearly as healed as I thought I would be.  And I'm not nearly as wise as I assumed I would become from all the time spent being injured, cooped up, and miserable.  Every time I open my computer I look at 8a and am so proud of my friends for crushing as hard as they do every day, but sad to not be able to trudge through rhodos carrying a pad full of snacks and yell them up boulders.  I'm getting used to not climbing, but I'm not getting used to how much I miss my Boone family, some of which don't even live in Boone right now.  I love seeing everyone on the weekends I drive up, but it's not enough.  I miss living in the most amazing town over the summer.  Maybe it had something to do with having no job and no school and spending my days training and laughing with everyone about how greazy it was out at Grandmother.  And the surprise visits from Meria and Drexel or Juliet were always so fun!  I can't wait to see everyone in December at Rocktown, where it all began (I <3 Trey Worley).

The physical therapy milestones I'm supposed to have met for week 12 (two weeks from now, aka right after the end of final exams):
~full active range of motion
~full rotator cuff strength

What I have accomplished:
~nothing.

I had planned to do so well that I'd beat all the milestones and miraculously heal in time to train and climb v10 over Christmas (lolz).  How time gets away from you when you keep telling yourself that you'll start tomorrow…

On the bright side, I got to visit my Cecil family over thanksgiving!  I'm so thankful for my wonderful family, everyone cares so much about each other and it's just so great to be around them, even for a short time.  I love them all so much, family family and friend family.


No comments:

Post a Comment